Sunday, June 21, 2015

Scatter-brainedness and the "joys" of packing

This last week, I have taken scatter-brainedness to an entirely new level. I'm doing something when something else needs my attention. I leave the first thing and start the second, and then the third thing asks for me, and so on, and by the end of an hour, I'm left with ten unfinished tasks.

Last night, I'd set a reminder to do something at 6 45 am. I considered labelling the reminder, but I thought, hey how can I forget such an important job? This morning, 6 45, the reminder beeped and I had no idea what it was that I had to do. The precise time I had set indicated to me that it must be something that I needed to finish before my household help came in to sweep. I wasted some time hopping around wondering what it was, when I finally remembered it when doing something else, moments before the help came in.

My friend recommends making lists of everything. But I make lists, don't find them when I need them, and then spot them at the oddest places.

I can't BELIEVE I'm saying this, but I'm so tired of getting ready to leave that I just want to leave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!! I know exactly what you mean!

ano

Art said...

I totally get it... Infact have experienced it several times.. More when I hurry to my room to get something.. And all I do is once I go there is stare at the wall thinking, why I am at that place...

Art said...

oh yeah.. packing can test your patience like anything... how many ever checklists you prepare, the list keeps growing :)

austere said...

Maybe a list on your fridge?

- -