Saturday, April 19, 2014

Rajaji National Park

 
Rajaji National Park is situated in a unique place - part-Shivalik range, part-Himalayan ranges, and part grassland, with the Ganga flowing through it too.  As a result, the biodiversity is pretty rich, not only in terms of fauna, but flora too. 
 
Here are some pictures.
 
 
The ground was covered with leaves from the deciduous trees
in some places.  It looked lovely.


Have I told you I like young spring leaves?
I have?  A million times?  Okay.
 
It is a 35 km circuit around the park, takes about 3 hours.


See, this is what I was saying. 
Geographical diversity.
 


A deer gate-crashes a langur congregation


That's Puttachi and me in the open-topped jeep. 
S was relegated to the lesser seat - next to the driver.

 


This elephant was quite close.


It is shy - off it goes.


Mamma and baby - enough to send Puttachi into raptures


 

No comments:

- -