Tuesday, February 21, 2012

With new eyes

One of the nicest things about being with young children is rediscovering the world through their eyes.  It is unbelievable how many things we take for granted. 

Just yesterday, Puttachi asked me loads of questions about space - I don't know how much she actually understood of our discussion, but she was fascinated that you could "travel outwards in a rocket and not reach a wall."  She thought about it all day, and made me think about it too, and that sense of wonder about space was rekindled in me, and sent thrills down my spine. 

And today, during our walk around the park, she wanted to know why all the trees were bare, and then we talked about seasons and trees shedding leaves... and I once again looked at the lovely bare trees with new eyes and a sense of disbelief about what a beautiful, intricate and complex world we live in.

We crunched dry leaves under our feet, collected airborne seeds, and walked hand in hand as Puttachi imagined that she was a fairy who would go and paste new green leaves on the bare trees with Fevicol.

I cannot thank her enough for opening up this whole new world for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Puttachi imagined that she was a fairy who would go and paste new green leaves on the bare trees with Fevicol'

What an imagination! Only kids can think in such cute ways.

Anonymous said...

'Puttachi imagined that she was a fairy who would go and paste new green leaves on the bare trees with Fevicol'
What an imagination!Only kids can think in such cute ways.

Anonymous said...

The previous comment was by me.Not sure why it shows my comment as 'anonymous'-Nithya

Anonymous said...

'Puttachi imagined that she was a fairy who would go and paste new green leaves on the bare trees with Fevicol'

What an imagination! Only kids can think in such cute ways.

-Nithya

CC said...

Shruth...you should sell the concept to fevicol!!! hahaha It would make an awesome ad...I'm sure even their marketing team would be impressed! :)
And...I so know what you mean! Big kisses to my second (!) favourite little girl :p

Nithya said...

'Puttachi imagined that she was a fairy who would go and paste new green leaves on the bare trees with Fevicol.'
-What an imagination! Only kids can think in such cute ways.

Slogan Murugan said...

Yesterday, as i was taking a walk with my son, he Stopped in his track. He saw a bull and was fascinated by it. A cow or a bull on an Indian street had become invisible to me.

Shruthi said...

CC, ha ha! I can even imagine that ad!

Nithya, yeah!

Slogan Murugan, so true. Exactly what I mean.

- -