Monday, January 02, 2006

A new year...

What is a new year, other than a change in date? The air looks the same, the water tastes the same, the sky seems the same, people seem the same - but for everybody, it is like a new milestone. A hope for a better future.

My personal 2005 went very quickly. It was the year I got married. To a wonderful person. So naturally, this year will remain a landmark year, like the year I was born, the year I got my ug and pg degrees, the year I landed my first job, etc., etc. But ask me when I graduated, and I have to think for a moment. Ask me when I was born and I don't bat an eyelid. Similarly, 2005 will be one of the not-batting-an-eyelid years. Like all years, there have been bitter incidents, some best-be-forgotten moments - but nothing that I could not withstand. In that sense, it has been one of the best years of my life.

It would be foolish to expect the same from 2006. But all I hope is that it brings with it peace, hope and joy. A better world. A more peaceful world. [Cliched? Maybe]

I do not have any resolutions for the new year, but I am going to strive to be more organized. And that should solve any other problem!

For all of you reading this, I wish you a very happy, healthy, successful, fun-filled year ahead. Be happy! :)

3 comments:

Sri Harsha said...

Hmmm....gud for u.....gud to hear tht....have a grt '06 tooo.......

:-}

Bhupi said...

2005 was really good for u, but u forgot the better things after the good....may u get the better things in the 2006 :)

Khushi said...

Hey,
A Very happy new year :)

- -